This picture so clearly illustrates the new stage we are in with Sam.
1) See how his body is twisting away from Great-Great-Aunt Ruth. See how the fingers of his right hand are digging into her shoulder, trying to get away.
2) See the open mouth. That mouth is saying, “Aaaaaah!” And not saying it quietly.
3) See how Sam’s left hand is all wrapped up in Ruth’s scarf. That scarf was artfully tied around Ruth’s neck. Now it is a noose.
4) See the woman in the vest? She was leaning down to say hi to Sam. See how Sam has no intention of engaging with her.
5) See the crazed look in Sam’s eyes. Sam sees the shiny silver thing. Sam wants the shiny silver thing. Sam will get it if he has to launch off that lap like a penguin in flight.